Saturday, April 11, 2009

Do I Really Like Her? Not yet.

Okay, so I met her finally after more than 4 months when I thought for sure we would never meet again.

Really happy to see her, although we've only seen each other twice and don't really know each other very well. Guess that's just the way it is over here. Friendship intimacy doesn't grow with time since that's what everyone seems to be lacking in here. I remember reading somewhere that the best thing you can provide to a friend is your time.

So we had a quick dinner at a Chinese Spanish restaurant in Brooklyn after walking around the neighbourhood for something that looks decent and not Pizza nor Chinese nor Mexican. We talked and the atmosphere was really relaxed. She's still kinda in cloud 9 having finally to move to New York after more than 6 months of waiting and settling stuff back in Florida. She can't wait to tell everyone that she now lives in New York.

And that's it. After dinner, she had to rush to meet another friend at Brooklyn Heights and so we took the train together. After all the hype about her moving over and stuff, there really isn't any common topics to talk about I realized. Somehow, there weren't the common topics about movies or what do you do during the weekend or the people you met and stuff like that.

But I did get to know her a lot better, hopefully it will be more than just acquaintances ('friend' in US dictionary of culture). She looks fucking kissable and seems to be definitely cool about it as well... I wonder... She's not interested in getting into a relationship, meaning she will be fine with just flirting and even casual sexual relationship. I don't know how you describe the feeling but I felt turned-off by the thought and yet slightly turned-on at the same time. It's just weird, but I know I am definitely not ready to jump into a relationship with her as well.

Genuinely, I really do like her. She's cool and has this x-factor that draws me (and probably every other girl she knows at cubby) into her. She mentioned before that she wanted to be like Shane McCutcheon in the 'L' Word. Well, I think she has got it. Thus explaining the fact why she's always able to pick someone up at cubby, including me. I don't wish any miracle to happen anyway, although I have imagined like a million times kissing her in my mind.

Strictly speaking, I am not crazily in love with her, yet. Hopefully I will never be, the reason being she's one heartbreaker for sure. I think I am probably not ready to have someone settled into my heart. I hope the imagination of kissing her can stop as well, otherwise I would really act strange and weird in front of her and I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment