Monday, July 19, 2010

Random

I saw you,
through my window to your balcony.
You were smoking alone. Smiling,
Probably at some thoughts that you were having.

I don't know you, but for the moment,
I thought I saw your barest soul, when
you are all alone, smoking by the balcony.

I saw you,
and I know that you smoke 2 cigarettes in the
late evening consecutively.
Sometimes you look out over to the sky.
I looked up, and saw the same stars.

I saw you,
through my window to your balcony.
and I know that you are lonely,
for you were smiling, and wiping tears
off your face.

I don't know you,
but for the moment, I saw your loneliness,
and I share the same feelings that you are
all alone, fragile, and as naked like you were
born to this earth.

I saw you,
and I know, you have friends and parties.
But after all that's gone, you were smoking
alone at the balcony.

Sometimes I think you looked straight at me,
and I towards you.
But we both share the comfort and safety
of the distance between us.
Comfortable enough, to look straight at each other,
and probably share a smile too.

The comfort, of probably knowing at the other side of the building,
somone, sharing a moment in time, and the two souls touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment