Saturday, June 27, 2009

About the L Word, Final Episode

I don't know what I should really start with. So, let's say, there's probably a reason why I am not into American tv series. Not because they are not interesting, but endings are just absurd, or can be absurd sometimes. Most of the times. I don't know. I guess, I haven't really watched that many American dramas to support my judgement, but at least, most of those that I've watched, especially the long ones with more than 2 seasons, gets worst by each season and ends with a bad finale. Really bad finale.

Speaking from less than 2 hours ago, I finally finished watching (and downloading), the finale season of The L Word. Which, I should say, is disappointing, in my awe and astonishment, to be even realized that this is the ending episode. So many things unexplained, so many mysteries not solved, and so many characters that just went missing. It looks like, erm, okay girls, this is the last and we only have 50 minutes to wrap this up.


I mean look, just, do it properly. You've earned such a big base of fans that spread out of the U.S., and you do this as a season finale? I couldn't even feel that this is the ending at all. I was really looking for another episode as a finale. Not realizing that this is the last. The 'last' episode was too heavy, too moody. Half of the time being too random, and the other half just looks like is a tribute to this whole series that last 6 seasons, 5 years. You don't have people in interrogation telling you about their own feelings and recalling things that probably didn't have any link to the case being investigated all. Well, except for the fact that of course, Jenny Scheter was in the picture. It seems too difficult to pull this together and tri
es (but failed) to wrap this whole series nicely. A job badly done, and totally unjustified all the support gathered from previous episodes.

I hate it when after watching a drama that you felt empty and sad. It doesn't necessary have to be a good ending but it needs to be a fufilling ending. By fufilling, you know that all that needs explanation is explained. Or at least, given partial explanation and the next to leave to viewers' imagination. And not, definitely, leaving us, the faithful fans to be confused and totally flipping over the couch, and wondering what the hell is the last episode about. Seriously.
It doesn't matter, content doesn't matter, it seems everything is just a setup, a plot to explain nothing. Probably to explain all the randomness just to make sure that Jenny dies.? I don't know. Hopefully, the movie, if there is ever going to be any, will give a good wrap up that we can call it the Last Episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment